Thursday 11 April 2013

Free Cucumbers

I know that packets of seeds are not that expensive. Perhaps not much more than £2.50 each. Most vegetable growers do however like to save a few pounds and I have to concede that I am among that number. Accordingly I decided to save some, "Telegraph," cucumber seeds last autumn.

 

I wasn't sure whether these seeds would be viable or not, but since they were free I decided to sow them in any event. After a week, five or six seeds have decided to germinate and I suspect that I will have a few more germinations. Six plants is all I need so it looks as if I will end up with more than I require. Perhaps I will find a purchaser for my excess. It would be rather unfortunate if the extra plants had to be consigned to the compost heap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment