Wednesday 26 September 2012

Garlic Farm Delivery


Just as I was coming indoors this evening a delivery van pulled up with my garlic seed delivery. I had  sent in my Autumn planting order to the Garlic Farm on the Isle of Wight at the beginning of September. I have been using the Garlic Farm for my purchase of garlic seed for the past four years and I must say that the quality of the seed which I have received has been extremely good.

The four varieties which I selected are all soft neck, Provence Wight; Tuscany Wight; Iberian Wight and Albigensian Wight. There are four bulbs of each and I should get eight cloves from each bulb. Lucky that I like garlic!

I will now have to prepare a patch of ground to receive the garlics - probably some of the ground which has latterly been occupied by potatoes. The cloves are planted about two inches below the surface of the ground and some six inches apart. There is no great hurry in completing the planting, but I will probably attend to it over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment