Sunday 17 February 2013

Glen Run


Saturday's training session saw the group assemble at the car park to Muff Glen, just outside the village of Eglinton and overlooked by the former Templemoyle Agricultural School, now a Residential Home. I was somewhat aghast when I worked out that the last time that I had trained at the Glen was twenty three years ago. No wonder I thought that the trees were taller than I had remembered.
Two of our number had marked out the reps on Friday. After the statutory warmup we did two laps comprising seven reps per lap. The distances for the efforts were 150m; 200m; 300m; 200m; 300m; 300m and 800m. The first four reps were on an undulating part of the Glen, whilst the last three reps were on the flat. I was reasonably content with my efforts. My second 800m was completed in 2.31 and it felt quite easy. Hopefully this augurs well for a fast, (relatively!) track time before the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment