Saturday 23 February 2013

BBC has , "Prostrate," Cancer

I was reading an article on the BBC News Website tonight regarding a research grant which has been awarded to the University of Ulster. We are told that the monies are to be used to , "try to find ways to reduce the spread of prostrate cancer."

I am sure that the researchers would be very keen to prostrate the cancer in question, but I don't think that the name of the affected body part has gained an extra letter.

The writer of the article might also like to reconsider the use of the word, "spread." My medical knowledge might be limited to, "Dr Kildare," and, "Embarrassing Bodies," but I don't think that prostate cancer is an infectious disease which, "spreads." Hardly the correct word methinks.

I wonder if there will be any alterations to the article?

No comments:

Post a Comment