Wednesday 27 March 2013

Tuesday's Exertions.

Kilometre reps was yesterday's session. Six of them with two minutes between reps. The coolness of the day prompted me to run a longer warm up than usual. My Garmin showed three and a quarter miles whenever I commenced the stipulated on road efforts.

 

I had hoped that I would have someone to work off during the session, but this was not to be. I had to run the entire session by myself. This definitely didn't help my average time, which ended up at 3min 45sec. The decline in speed which comes with age has to be continually fought against, but pushing myself when I am running alone is something which I find very difficult. Still I did at least complete the session and I know that I can run faster. A mile of a warm down competed the days exertions.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment