Wednesday 18 September 2013

Land Rover and Baronscourt Mud

 

Today promises to be a day of driving a rather expensive vehicle at silly angles up and down rutted slopes and through swollen becks. The venue for this jaunt is Baronscourt Estate, just outside Newtownstewart. I think that I must definitely have been on the B list for this beano as I was only approached with an invitation last week. Still a freebie day out was not to be sniffed at and I deigned, (graciously in the circumstances), to accept Mr Land Rover's invitation to churn up the mud in the demesne of the 5th Duke of Abercorn.

 

I wonder how much our Indian cousins are paying His Grace to rent this backdrop for their event? It is strange and not a little disappointing that ownership of both the Land Rover and the Jaguar margues should have passed to the sub continent.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment