Thursday 17 October 2013

Plucking Tomatoes.

 

 

The tomatoes have been late in ripening this year, but for the last eight weeks they have been coming thick and fast. I must say that I do like a freshly picked tomato, sliced and sprinkled with a little salt. A pre- breakfast snack does not however use up that many of these New World fruits. However a good few stone have already been transformed into chutney and soup.

 

I pulled almost ten pounds this morning. Thankfully there is no imminent danger of a frost, but I think that I will pluck the remaining tomatoes from their vines over the weekend, whether they are red, orange or green. That should ensure that I will still be consuming tomato sandwiches at the end of November.

 

Another gardening year is coming to an end.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment