Saturday 8 June 2013

Summertime and the Livin is Easy

Deciduous Azalea

It was tempting to remain prone on the ancient deckchair, eyes barely open and viewing that wispy floater scud across my left eye as I became increasingly comfortable and increasingly woozy in the early summer sun. Temptation won. Warm windless days aren't so plentiful in the Northern Ireland summer that you can ignore them and expect tomorrow to be a reflection of today.

The discordant cackle of a magpie notched me closer to full consciousness. A sip of cool wine helped reverse me back to a comforting doze. A large bumblebee hovered in and out of view. A brace of swallows dive bombed the sleepy cat, coming out of the sun like two flying aces. The cat slept on. So did I.
Double Flowering Poppy

Deciduous Azalea

No comments:

Post a Comment