Monday 24 December 2012

I'm Dreaming of a Warm Christmas.




I am not one of those individuals who yearns for a white Christmas. The garden covered in a blanket of snow with Mr Robin Redbreast perched on a berried holly branch may look very festive, but it does restrict what you can do over the holiday period.

Today's high single digit temperatures suited me very well. I was able to go to the Bank without regretting that I had not invested in winter tyres. I was able to go for a six mile run without having to worry about icy underfoot conditions and I was able to work in the garden without my fingers becoming numb.

The weather conditions for tomorrow are to be similar so I will be able to take a long Christmas morning walk without the prospect of numb feet. 

Global warming may not be such a bad thing after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment