Sunday 2 November 2014

Elderly Cross Country Session.

 

 

I have never enjoyed cross country running. Tolerated it on occasions, yes. Been forced to do it, yes. Felt obliged to do it, well occasionally. I think that it is the feeling that at any moment I may loose my footing that causes me to be ober cautious when wet and slippery conditions present themselves. That said I pulled on the old cross country spikes yesterday morning for session of mud and grass. It turned out not to be as bad as I had anticipated.

 

The seniors and junior masters were obligated to run fifteen efforts of just over 400m. Each effort commenced on the third minute. Those in the last quartile of their allotted span, self included, were awarded by only having to complete twelve efforts. Even with that advantage I was at the rear of the group but hey ho I was the oldest today by some nine years. I have to accept, with a lot of ill grace, that I am getting older and slower but at least I am still able to turn out.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment