Friday 6 June 2014

Bann Run

 

I paddled along to Castleroe Wood on the banks of the River Bann this morning. I have committed myself to a race tomorrow so I thought it might be a good idea to run a few miles to keep the old legs loose. This Wood isn't that large but the pine needle covered paths provide a soft and enjoyable running surface and the twisting nature of the paths adds interest. The weather was very pleasant, but there was only one other car in the carpark. Strange that.

 

Tomorrow's race is at the 90th running of the Northern Ireland Senior Athletic Championships. I acknowledge that I will be knocked out in the heats. Indeed I will be very pleased if I manage to attain the home straight when the winner of my heat breaks the electronic tape. Still I have to accept that there could be competitors who are forty years adrift of me and that I will be at least twenty years older than the next oldie. My target is to beat him. Tis a pity that the age tables do not apply. Now that would level the playing field for me!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment