Sunday 8 June 2014

A Radishing Beauty is Pulled


 
The year's first sowing of radish is now ready to be consumed. I do enjoy the crispness of these little vegetables and the mild hotness of their after taste. So long as you can keep them away from the rasping incisors of the slug population they must be one of the easiest things to grow. I really must ensure that I keep sowing a half drill every couple of weeks so that I have a continuous supply to snack on over the summer and autumn months.
 
Radishes just don't come in the form of the small salad radish. A couple of years ago I grew a variety of large white German radish and this year I am planning to grow a radish called, "Pink Dragon," which promises cylindrical roots of up to sixteen inches in length. It should provide an alternative to garden turnips come the autumn and early winter.
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment