Wednesday 17 December 2014

Garmin Purchase

 

I purchased my first Garmin running watch eight years ago. The strap broke after four years. One of my friends had his wife repair it for me with the assistance of a smidgen of dental glue, (she happens to be a dental surgeon). This repair has remained steadfast but another recent break in the strap, this time too close to the actual watch to permit of further repair prompted me to buy a replacement.

 

GPS running watches have come down in price over the last eight years, certainly in real terms and you do now get more features for your money. That said I don't regard them as cheap, even the relatively straightforward model which I elected for, a Garmin Forerunner 15, required me to part with one hundred and seven pounds. It took me a few weeks to convince myself that I should permit myself the expense but I eventually did succumb. I suspect that this will be the last personal extravagance for some very considerable time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment