Wednesday 5 August 2015

Garden Produce.

 

'Twas not a day for working in the garden unless one wanted to be very wet. I had hoped to tidy up what I hopefully call the orchard. The weather conditions prevented me carrying out the horticultural tasks that I had anticipated. I did however venture into the evening wetness to pluck some veg from the kitchen garden. The cauliflowers have plumped up well in the last few weeks. I chose one of their number for presenting to my parents tomorrow. I also selected three gherkins for inclusion in their salads. The tomato plants are proving to be very disappointing. They are healthy but the weather is not assisting the ripening of the fruit. I suspect that it will be the third or fourth month of August before I will have red tomatoes on the vine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment